CLASS OF 2010 - April, Archie, Aria, Ashleigh, Audrey, Ben, Claudia, Codey, Ella, Grace, Isabella, Jake, Jamison, Jasmine, Kate, Katelyn, Max, Millie, Pari, Pero, Peta, Ryen, Sam, Savanna, Te Meihana and Zane
Week 9 - The Sound of the Week is 't'
Congratulations Peta and Katelyn - You received your certificates for improving your writing skills.
Reminders - Off to test our boats on Tuesday from 11-12.
Learning Team Celebration Assembly is on Thursday from 11-12.
This week's GOLD slip challenge - Leave your 5 spelling words on the blog

Writers' Window

We are learning to write recounts.
A recount has to
- have an opening sentence
- have 3 or more things in the order that they happened
- finish with how we felt
Savanna wrote….
Yesterday Talei came to our classroom to talk about her job. She works at Toyota. First she gave us some clues about where she works. Then we told her what we call our cars. I call my car Daisy. She liked what I call my car, so she gave me a hat. Next she gave Jake a blue car. Finally she finished. I liked what she gave me because it was for me.

Aria wrote...
Yesterday Talei came to room 17. She talked about her job. Silver is the most popular colour. Jake got to keep a blue toy car. Finally she was done. I liked it because we got to look at some car books.

No comments: